Graphic Designer / Web Developer
The Graphic Designer / Web Developer is tasked to provide our clients with the best possible service by effectively delivering marketing and graphic design solutions for a given project on time and on budget.
Develops custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions. Aids sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions. Provides leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web offerings. Aids other developers with system design and implementation. Performs server maintenance and monitoring. Supports current client websites by providing technical support.
Education / Experience:
- Post-Secondary degree, diploma or certificate in design, creative communications, web development or fine arts.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a graphic design environment, either in creative, production or pre-press as well as 3 years of experience in a web development environment.
- Google Certification in Adwords is considered an asset.
- Business development, management, and marketing experience considered assets.
The Graphic Designer / Web Developer hired reports to the Director of Creative Services.
Source Nutraceutical, Inc. (“SNI”) has a career development program for all employees offering advancement options in areas of management, marketing and business development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Design related project work including:
- Creative layout related tasks for print. This could include print ads, brochures, sell sheets, coupons, point-of-sale materials such as displays, and posters.
- Design for Food, Natural Health Product & Cosmetic compliant packaging. This could include grocery items, sports supplements, vitamins, houseware items or cosmetics.
- Promotional design for print and or on-line (ads, flyers, business cards, brochures, point-of-sale materials, etc.).
- Research, interpret, document and communicate labelling and packaging requirements for domestic and foreign clients relating to food.
- Work with the rest of the Graphics Department in completing peer reviews of packaging and promotional layouts using internal and external SOPs.
- Help create, review and or proof packaging artwork/ Marketing documentation for completeness, accuracy, changes and regulatory requirements.
- Assist coworkers as required.
- Support and assist the company’s efforts to enhance current business and new avenues.
- Maintain project records and documentation generated in a neat and organized manner and according to Graphics Department procedures.
- Maintain physical assets under the Graphics Department in an organized manner, securely and in good condition.
- Maintain work area and project files both on server as well as paper files.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date time entries for self.
- Provide updates on project status as requested by the Director of Creative Services / Assistant Manager Graphics / Business Development Director or the President.
- Ensure that this position remains active and that waste and non-productive time is eliminated or minimized.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned to further the best interest of SNI by the Director of Creative Services, Assistant Manager – Graphics or the Company President.
Web development related work including:
- All internal website maintenance and updating duties including but not limited to:
- SNI website updates: general website update put forth by team members. (page content updates, whitepaper additions, blog maintenance, employment opportunities, etc.).
- The reSOURCE e-Newsletter development: gather content from the SNI copywriter, format into reSOURCE newsletter, test/troubleshoot, manage MailChimp account and mailing lists. Provide reports on campaigns.
- AdWords maintenance: manage all AdWords campaigns, PPC efforts, and track/report on a monthly basis.
- SEO tasks; maintain and report on SEO performance of SNI website. Suggest changes/updates if needed.
- Ensure all conversions on website reach the correct internal SNI resource (sales, graphics, etc.).
- Ensuring a consistent tone/style throughout all outbound marketing communication.
- External web development duties as requested by clients.
- Same as internal, but for external clients.
- Create and customize WordPress websites as required.
- Maintain SEO, Adwords and Social Media accounts as required.
Those with required education, skills and experience are invited to apply with résumé before March 15, 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted*