We are already foreseeing some successful results from this event again, and as the show and participants never stops growing. And so does our love for the experience! We are off to a great start to another successful year, and building & nurturing relationships with new and existing business partners at Expo West is another step in a positive direction for all of us.
Never a dull moment at Expo West!
[Right] Stuart and Justin from Unique Pretzels. Our entire office really loves these pretzels and their mustards.
Stuart and Marcel returned with plenty of new contacts and interesting new stories! The biggest observation from Marcel was the obvious spotlight on modern innovative products that cater to new-age eating habits and diets. Particularly: Paleo, Vegan and Keto lifestyles. While not surprising, it’s refreshing to see so much attention to engaging and educating consumers in a transparent manner.
Following their return, we decided to participate in Natural Products Expo West – Mintel Post-show Insights Webinar. It was our first time signing up for this webinar, and we found it to be beneficial for our team to get a feeling for other observations straight from the Expo West floor from a third party.
For those of us that couldn’t attend, the webinar provided a quick, full wrap up of top innovation from Expo West 2019.
Here’s some other high-level innovation trends that the webinar discussed from the show:
- Focus on “clean” and “simple” – in labelling and complexity of ingredients
- Brand identity encompassing Practices for Good
- CBD in all forms, especially beverages
- New and original flavours like Lavender and Yuzu
- Compostable and sustainable packaging
- Plant-based consumer choices, and the unique reasons why they are chosen
- Booths themselves were less calm in colour palettes and conveyed a more vibrant energy than in the past
You can imagine the possibilities! Year after year, we count the days until we take a small break from a Winnipeg winter and soak up the Anaheim sun and event.
Did you attend? What types of things did you notice? Anything important you think we didn’t include? Tell us in the comments!