Source is happy to announce another issue of INSIDE SOURCE and wanted to take the opportunity to introduce our new Director of Finance in our Corporate Head Office: David Gudmundson CPA, CMA. David joins us with several years of experience in finance and we’re thrilled to capitalize on his impressive skillset.
Read more about David below!
- Tell us a little bit about what got you here – your education and your passions that brought you to be part of team SNI?
I graduated top of my Business Administration program at Red River College with a scholarship into the CMA program and completed my accounting designation in 2000. At the time, the CMA program focused on combing financial and business management which suited my desire to work “in business” rather than “for business”. My work experience includes the following industries: oil and gas, healthcare, education, retail, construction, manufacturing, and property management. This broad experience has allowed me to develop unique solutions to the many challenges I have faced throughout professional life. I thrive on taking on those new challenges and lifelong learning and am excited that being part of the SNI team will bring me opportunities for both.
- Some would consider the Financial Health of a team as just as important as Physical Health, what are your thoughts on this comparison?
Financial, physical and spiritual health are all equally important to a team as it is to an individual. When all three are strong for the individual, you are excited, effective, focused and this ultimately translates into increased productivity and general happiness. The same holds true for a team. A healthier, happier and more productive workplace will result in the organization itself to being exceptional, recognized as a leader and innovator.
- Quick, tell us what your favourite NHL team is—no pressure.
Silly question – WINNIPEG JETS!!! Stanley cup is ours for 2019!!!
- If you had to describe what sets Source apart as an employer, what would be the first thing that comes to mind?
The team focus – each member has unique skills, interest, attitudes, but these are harnessed together to provide Source’s customers with excellent service. By providing an engaging team member experience for its employees, Source has been successful in attracting and retaining skilled employees.
- We know you enjoy managing numbers; what is something else you’re passionate about that you’d like to share with our readers?
My wife and daughters. Family is number one.
I have dedicated many years coaching my daughters’ soccer, basketball, track and field teams. I also devoted time taking them to other activities they participated which included: rugby, swimming lessons, etc.
Quality time with my wife is equally important. That is why I have learned to like shopping with the “power shopper” she is. My wife and I also enjoy taking in Winnipeg’s vibrant performing arts scene (Royal Winnipeg Ballet, WSO, MTC, etc.), and, in more recent years, sharing adventures while travelling.
- Finally, if you had to describe yourself in just 3 words to someone, what words would you use?
- Problem-solver – I refuse to accept status quo and constantly invest time into finding a better way to accomplish things.
- Mentor – I seek to coach and empower people to reach their full potential
- Kid (at heart) – the famous philosopher Plato said “life must be lived as play”. For me, children at play epitomize being fully engaged, in the moment and enjoying spontaneous silliness and that is how I approach both my personal and professional life.