visit sniclinic dot com here


Some Frequently Asked Questions...

Health Canada has advised me that my product is not compliant. Can you help?

Receiving a non-compliance notice is something no company wants to hear. Sometimes there is a quick and easy fix, while in other cases it takes more time and effort to comply. We can help you review Health Canada’s ruling, recommend next steps, and offer guidance on the best path forward.

Can I have one food label that is compliant in both the US and Canada?

Each country has different regulations and therefore very specific requirements for the content and appearance of food labels. It is therefore not feasible to have a single format that complies with both Canadian and U.S. regulations. This is why companies have distinct packaging and labels for each country.

I have a dietary supplement that I wish to sell in Canada, is my product compliant for sale?

In Canada, dietary supplements are considered Natural Health Products and are subject to the Natural Health Product Regulations, including specific licensing and labelling requirements. Unlike in the U.S., Natural Health Products must be approved by Health Canada before sale (product licensing). The process is much different than the U.S., our clients are able to secure their product licence and successfully enter the Canadian market. We can assist you with ensuring your product meets the Canadian requirements.

How long do projects typically take?

We take pride in the prompt turn-around time we achieve with projects. Project timelines are dependent on the nature of the work. An average project takes 2-4 weeks to complete.

How do I get started?

Our goal is to make this process as smooth and seamless as possible! We typically begin with an introductory call to learn about your company and goals. From there, we provide a free estimate. To get started, reach out to us using the contact form here, via email (, or phone (1.877.254.2234) today. We'd love to talk to you!

Does my product require a specific license to be sold in Canada?

Licensing requirements vary depending on the type of product you want to sell. Natural Health Products (NHPs) require a product licence, while others, such as cosmetics, only require notification to the regulatory authorities. Classifying your product is not always straightforward. We can work with you to determine the specific requirements to sell your product in the market.

How is COVID affecting business?

COVID hasn't affected our ability to help our clients. We remain open and continue to work in order to serve you. We are continuing business operations as usual, while maintaining focus on our main concern: keeping everyone involved safe and healthy.

Does my label need to be bilingual (English and Canadian French)?

There are minimum requirements for bilingual (English and Canadian French) content for all consumer packaging. This answer depends on the type of product, what industry the product is sold, and where your product is being sold throughout the country. There’s also circumstances where only part of the information on your label need to be presented in two languages. To be sure you haven’t missed any French requirements, reach out to the experts at Source.

If Source Nutraceutical updates our proprietary packaging artwork, who owns the artwork?

You do. Once the project is completed we send the final artwork files to you for your records.

Do you offer rush service?

Yes. We offer rush services as needed.

How do I know my product will not be recalled from Canadian retail shelves?

We have over 15 years experience balancing what matters most to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Health Canada (HC) and specialize in making sure your unique product label is compliant while maintaining your brand's integrity.

Can you source images to use on packaging or promotional materials?

We provide custom food and product photography services, as well as custom illustration and artwork for your packaging or promotional materials. We also have access to a large library of stock photography.

What kind of claims can I make on my food product?

This would depend on the type of claim you are wanting to make. Health Canada has outlined a regulatory framework within the Food and Drug Regulations for claims on Canadian food packaging. There are various types of label claims (ie. Organic, Kosher, etc.) and health claims that can be made on Canadian packaging. Our team of experts can help determine what claims you can make on your products.

How do I know if I need to declare a “Best Before” date on my product?

Durable life date is mandatory to be declared on pre-packaged food with a shelf life of 90 days or less. If you’re not sure about the shelf life of your food product, reach out to us and we can help with conducting shelf life testing.

Can you help me with a clinical trial?

Yes, we help companies in the food/beverage, NHP, pharmaceutical, medical device, and other industries conduct clinical trials. We have our own newly renovated clinical trials facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba and also design and manage trials at multiple sites. Our team of 10+ clinical trials professionals bring over 60 years of experience across clinical, regulatory, and medicine. Learn more about our clinical services.

Can you help in creating Nutrition Facts tables?

A lot goes into the development and design of a nutrition facts table. From calculating nutrition information and ensuring compliance with the detailed and highly specific regulatory requirements for a compliant table, we can help you create bilingual nutrition facts tables and ingredient lists for food products (French translation services available).

How do I get a UPC barcode for my packaging?

You can obtain a UPC barcode through GS1, or we can take care of that step for you. You cannot use the same barcode for two different markets (ie. US and Canada).

Can you help train my staff in understanding regulations?

Yes, we offer custom training packages and can tailor it to your specific needs. Contact us today to learn more and discuss the specific needs for your organization.